skip to main |
skip to sidebar
19 February 2008
Nothing tastes as good as losing weight feelsHey GuysDo you like my new look blog? Well I must say I'm doing super well so far. I've only done 2 days but boy I feel GREAT.
I didn't last night, we went for a walk and half way (4km round trip) I started to feel a spasm in my inner calf's (both legs) and boy oh boy did it hurt! So I kept walking and walking and walking, and when I got home I collapsed in tears. Both my legs were cramping up. OUCH. Today they are still quite sore, and trying to walk around at work was a killer. But I managed and I pushed through it. They feel slightly better but I stayed away from exercise today (apart from work) so I will get back into it tomorrow!
I was in Coles today, buying some steak for dinner tonight and I was sooooooooo good! Do you realise how easy it would have been for me to buy junk food, especially Easter eggs??? BUT I didn't (yay me) I resisted temptation (with great difficulty) but I did I resisted! I feel so good now. It's so hard. People just don't understand. You can't just switch it off like a light bulb. It doesn't quite work that way. It take such strong will power, and somehow today I found some and said NO!It was funny cause after I said my NO, I read on the ww boards of another fellow loser who said YES, and how badly she felt and I just thought, that could've been me! It's not hard to do mind you. I've done it way too many times before, and you are allowed to do it! That's thing. If I do this properly and really watch what I eat and do my exercise and see results, then what's keeping me later down the track having a nice treat? Nothing really except whether or not I'll actually want it then! The only food I know for certain I will always want (and I can hear dad saying "you shouldn't want that!") is Chocolate....... I can't help it. I'm a sweet tooth, there's no beating that demon. I have promised myself that if I do really good between now and Easter I will allow myself an egg, guilt free! And not just one of those little itty bitty ones, either, a med sized egg. I know I can work it off too, since Shaun and I have already had one! (A few weeks ago) and I still lost weight, so if I'm really good, then I will reward myself, but I have to work it off, and make room for it in my points.
It's strange how your whole attitude can change. It's like I woke up one day and knew what I really had to do. It got to me too, cause all I kept thinking about was, I want a family, but not like this! I'm at the stage now where I'm getting really clucky! So I don't have any other option. I think for once I'm actually on the right path!
I have 1.9kg to lose until I've lost 10% of my weight! How awesome is that? and then 1.2kg after that til I'm 15kg down. My goal of 20kg by the time TBL (The Biggest Loser) finishes may be closer than I thought! That show runs for 12 weeks. It's in it's 3 week! I've got 9 weeks to lose 8 kg. Let the games begin6 more weeks til the family come up.... woo hoo. I'm actually quite excited to show them around our shabby lil town. It's not that much to ppl who live here, but maybe to ppl who don't? It's a redneck zone what can I say? We'll find something to do!
I've arranged to have the Saturday off, since most likely I'll get sat's on permanent. So I handed in a note to the boss now before I go over to the contract to secure that day off. lol
It will be funny for M,D&D (Mum, Dad & Dave) to see the dogs in their own environment. They have never seen them at their most playful! lol it will be funny.Anyway, another good day tomorrow I can feel it!Catch ya round!
K
3 Responses to “Blog”
New blog looks great, very shiny :-)
Hi Karen,
love your new blog site, it must have taken you ages to do it. You sound so postive which is wonderful. Keep thinking about your end goal a beautiful baby and you will get there.
Exercise and pain,yuk! But it does remind you that you have exercised which is good.
Keep up the good work, talk soon, Mary
Karen - calf spasms may be because of two things: lack of oxygen in your muscles, and lack of salt. It's much much more likely to be the latter, so make sure you are eating enough salt. Unless you go completely overboard, eating a bit more salt isn't actually a bad thing unless you have high blood pressure. This is because salt is required for the "sodium-potassium pump" mechanism, the mechanism that controls the effective action of your muscles.
If that doesn't work, and it's from lack of oxygen - make sure you leave an hour or so between eating and exercising. WHen you eat, all your blood flow is directed to your gastrointestinal system, and there isn't enough blood to get to your muscles. A lack of oxygen in your muscles mean that aerobic glycolysis (in english: where your muscles turn sugar into energy using oxygen) can't work, and you have to use an alternate pathway - ANaerobic glycolysis (turning sugar into energy, not using oxygen). This anaerobic glycolysis reaction produces a lot lactic acid - and that is what may be causing your cramping.
Post a Comment