Well I found out on Thursday that all my tests came back clear which means I don't have PCOS!! WOO HOO>.... Happy Dance!!! ....... So we guess my menstral cycle just went funny for a while. Which apparently can happen.
Now this month I'm back to normal! Thankgod!
I've actually noticed that over the last month although I've done well with eating and exercising my weight loss has stopped and I've gained and I honestly think it was due to stress, since finding out on Thurs that everything is normal I've found my weight has started to drop! Which just further confirms my thoughts.
I joined Curves on Wednesday night and had my first session on Friday arvo. It was good. It def wont be my MAIN source of exercise but it will be good to mix it up and tone my body!
.jpg)
For those of you who don't know how it works, you have a resistance station and a rest mat. The rest mat is used to keep moving and do areobic type moves. Eg. 1 mat could have star jumps, another could have running on the spot etc. The resistance stations range from, chest press, leg press, squats etc. None of these use actual weights, it's all hydraulic machines. This way anyone can use it and not strain themselves, the harder and faster you go the more resistance there is.
So it's a 30 min workout. 30 seconds on each station, it goes resistance, rest, resistance, rest etc etc.
after 1.8 rounds, you do your stretches which makes up the 30 mins.
It was good but like i said i wouldn't rely on it for my main workout!
I joined curves to help me stay on track with exercising. This way i will be more likely to come home on other days and do something. So most nights if not each weeknight (bar weigh in night) i will go to Curves and do that and then other days do normal weights, and cardio.
I've found it easier to get up early to exercise since I've done it a few times this last week. So I think I can get up at 6am from now on to do it.
I can also transfer to a Melb centre when we come home in wait for it.... 12 weeks (yesterday) woo hoo. This means (once dates are confirmed from DHA) that we will be home Fri 6th March!!!!!!!! WOO HOO...
Anyway, we are all good. We moved the weight system into the garage, and put the cardio equipment in the back part of the lounge to make more room to workout. Looks good actually!
Ok must be off. Talk soon....






3 Responses to “Curves”
Hi Karen
This is my third try at sending this, every time I've been distracted and the screen closes, I have to start again!
So hi, I'm Anna and I've joined your blog as one of your loyal followers. Our weight is almost the same, and we have a similar goal so I thought we could be each other's 'cyber space motivation'.
Happy to hear that your results were negative for PCOS, mine not so. After 18 months of trying to get pregnant I finally went and saw someone. I was diagnosed in April 2007 with PCOS and had no idea what it was. When the tests came back it showed that my body had an elevated level of insulin which was acting as a natural contraception, so the theory was, loose weight, get pregnant. The gyno I had at the time told me point blank to my face, 'you are too heavy to be a Mother'. Woah was that the kick up the arse I needed or what? I started seeing a nutritionist and was put on Optifast. God the was just horrendous but in the first week I lost 3.3kgs so it worked. 12 weeks and 12 kilos down, BAM we got pregnant. (Theory worked)
So my pregnancy story started on Friday 7th of Dec 2007, I took a HPT and yep, 2 lines positive. We were so stoked, after so long trying we were finally going to be parents. My pregnancy was text book, no problems. In fact I'm still not quite sure what morning sickness is, cause I hardly had any.
Everything came crashing down when our son, William Thomas was stillborn on 27th Aug 2008, 12 days over due. There is no medical reason why his heart stopped beating and further testing of both myself and William came back negative. The past almost 4 months have been very emotional, stressful but also positive, positive that one day and hopefully soon, we will be pregnant again.
I look forward to hearing how you go on this thing we all seem to call a journey.
Let's ride together
Anna
Hey Anna,
Im so sorry to hear about your loss, that is awful what you went through and no-one should have to go through it!
Are you doing Weight Watchers aswel?
Please feel free to email me at my "safe" email (I call it that, cause it's not my main one) kazprince@gmail.com
Once I've recieved your email I'll email you back my real one!
For sure I would love a Cyber motivator! lOl I laughed when I read that, you sound very similar to me!
Hope to hear from you soon.
Karen.
Morning
Email sent :)
Talk soon, the dog wants his walk, ah the things I do!!
Anna
Post a Comment