My Weight Loss Ticker

Trip to Melbourne


Hi Guys




Due to the death of one of my best friends Leane, I will not be weighing in at Weight Watchers this week or next. Instead the money is going to plane fares to take me to Melbourne for her funeral on Wednesday 18th July.




I will not stop watching my points during this time but I will not be able to weigh in.




It puts life in to perspective when you lose someone close. The little things that used to bother you dont matter as much, You want to make an effort to speak to those you love more often, you want to make your life as healthy as possible to survive a long life!




Leane was the kind of person who would tell you how it is, no sugar coating! She loved her friends and loved her family even more. If you were Leane's good friend you were also her family. Im glad she is finally at peace now after 10 long years of battle with cancer. She now gets to soar with the birds she so desperatly loves. May you Rest In Peace Leane.




Above is a photo which was taken at Leane's house straight after our wedding ceremony. Leane was meant to be my 3rd bridesmaid but due to her illness could not be there. So instead we went to visit her with the photographer. Im so glad we did this as she felt she was still part of it. Im going to get one of these pictures blown up and framed.




On other events, Astro seems to be getting worse. Last night he was throwing up ALOT, he was-feeling very ill. The vet has booked him in on Monday to have an x-ray and ultrasound to see his stomach. I feel there may be some sort of obstruction there!
I leave on Tuesday 17th so I pray there are no emergency surgeries that need to happen whilst im away. If so I may have to come back earlier. Ill have to see if Shaun can take time off.



My flight home is on Saturday 21st. Ill be home (airport) by 4pm, so with travel we should be back in Toowoomba by 6pm.




I will let you all know how my trip goes, it is purely to see off a great friend. I want to remember her and honor her.




Lots of Love




Karen

2 Responses to “Trip to Melbourne”

Anonymous said...

Karen, I am so sorry to hear the news about Leanne, I know you were very close to her. Let me know if I can do anything for you while you are down, not expecting you to fit in a visit, but even if you just need a big hug, I have lots of those in supply!!!
Sorry also to hear that your puppy is not well (I know they aren't puppies anymore, but that's how I remember them!). I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything will be ok there. Keep up the great work, and remember, I'm always here if you need anything.
Love and hugs,
Tan

Tan,

Thankyou for your kind words, I would love to have a big hug from you whilst im down. Ill give you a call.
Thanks again talk soon.
luv kaz